The United States continues to be an attractive destination for Canadians making that country #1 in international real estate/investment purchases. The South Florida real estate market is viewed as a good value and profitable investment among many international buyers and for our northern neighbor, the ease of travel fuels the Canadian investment in South Florida guaranteeing a strong seasonal market.
Did You Know:
- Canadian buyers represented 31% of international real estate purchases in Florida last year, 2011.
- Canada is Florida's number one international economic development partner when measured by the combined impact of two-way trade, foreign investment, real estate purchases and tourism.
- Approximately 300 Canadian companies have established operations in Florida sustaining 24,300 high-wage jobs (10% of all foreign investment employment in Florida)
- 48% of Canadian buyers purchased condos while 38% purchased single family homes
- 90% of Canadian buyers paid cash
- The number one reason (54.95) Canadians purchase in Florida is for vacation homes for family and friends followed by residential/rental investments(16.83)
Sources: NAR 2012 Profile of International Home Buying Activity . Greater Ft. Lauderdale CVB and Enterprise Florida
- Overview of the Economic Real Estate Market Trends in Canada
- Canada-Florida - U.S. trade and investment opportunities
- South Florida real estate market trends:
> residential, commercial, second homes
> where are the buyers coming from
> popular South Florida communities
- How to find Canadian buyers
- What is an "endvestor"
- Advertising your services as a real estate professional
- Required legal documentation
- How the EB5 Visa assists with immigration through investing
- Taxation Requirements
Place: SHERATON Ft. Lauderdale Airport Hotel
1825 Griffin Road, Dania, FL. 33000
Time: 9:00am Registration and Continental Breakfast
Program 9:30am - Noon
Cost: Members $25
Non Membes $35 Onsite $50
SR. Real Estate &
Luxury Lifestyle Columnist
World Property Channel
Guest Speaker & Panelists
Cousul General of Canada in Miami
Louise L. Léger
Michelle Farber Ross
Larry J. Behar
Sr. Partner, CPA
NON REFUNDABLE EVENT ·
be received in writing 72 hrs. prior to class.